Blank DD214 Form Template – The DD Form 214, issued by the Army Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Navy at the time you are discharged or separated from your military service, is an official document. The DD214 shows the status of a separated or retired military member and the type of service you have received with respect to dates, awards and decorations as well as other vital details.You can apply for the DD214 in several ways, such as in person, online, or by a hardcopy written request. If you are an active or veteran member, you can apply for your DD214 through Veteran Affairs. All military personnel in all branches receive a Report on Separation upon discharge.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can get an D214?
To use the DD form 214, you must be the service member or the service member’s next of kin.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. The DD214 is not valid for re-enlistments or promotions. Although you may receive a certificate stating that your active duty had been terminated, this is typically a protocol and a part of the process for promotion.
When is the most appropriate moment to obtain my DD214?
Usually, the DD214 is issued at final out-processing appointments prior to separation or retirement.
What happens if I have to replace my DD214?
If your DD214 is damaged or lost, you can request an exchange copy. Your most important post-military document is the DD214. Treat it the way you would a marriage certificate or divorce decree or adoption papers, as well as other important records.
How to Get Blank DD214 Form Template Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049