DD 214 Printable Form – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or separation from military service. The DD214 is a proof that you are a military veteran or separated service member. It also details the nature of your service. This includes dates, awards, and dates. If you are an active member of the military or a veteran receiving benefits for veterans, you must request your DD214 through the Veteran Affairs Department and Department of Defense. Upon discharge, all members of all branches of the military are issued a report of separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can obtain a D214?
You must be the next-of-kin or the servicemember to fill out the DD form 214.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
There is no such thing as a DD214. The DD214 is not valid for promotions or the re-enlistment process. Although you may have received a certification informing you that your active duty had been terminated it is usually a protocol and a part of the promotion process.
When will I receive my DD214?
Usually typically, the DD214 can be given at the time of final out-processing prior to separation or retirement.
What happens if my DD214 is lost?
If you have lost your DD form the 214, you’ll need to request a replacement copy for your documents. The DD214 is your most valuable post-military document. Treat it the way you would treat a marriage certificate, divorce decree or adoption papers, as well as other important records.
How to Get DD 214 Printable Form Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049