DD Form 214 Separation Codes – The DD Form 214 (or DD Form 214) is an official document issued by is issued by the Army, Air Force and Navy issue to discharge or separate military service members. The DD214 identifies your status as a retired or separated military member, and details about your military service as well as awards and other decorations. It is possible to request a DD214 online, in person, or as a hardcopy. If you are an active member of the military or a veteran receiving benefits for veterans, you must request your DD214 through the Veteran Affairs Department and Department of Defense. After discharge, all members of all branches of the military receive a Report of Separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can get a D214?
To fill out the DD Form 214, you must be the servicemember or their next of next of kin.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
There is no such thing as a DD214. The DD214 is not issued to promote or re-enlist. The DD214 cannot be issued to promote re-enlistment or promotions.
What is the most appropriate moment to obtain my DD214?
Usually the DD214 will be given at the last out-of-processing appointment prior to the separation or retirement.
What if I lose my DD214?
If your DD214 gets damaged or lost, you can request a replacement copy. The DD214 is the most crucial post-military document. Treat it the way you would treat a marriage certificate or divorce decree, adoption papers or other important documents.
How to Get DD Form 214 Separation Codes Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049