DD214 Application Form

DD214 Application FormThe DD Form 214, issued by the Army Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Navy when you are discharged or separated from your military service is an official document. The DD214 shows the status of a retired or retired military service member, as well as the type of service you have received including dates, awards and other decorations as well as other vital details.You can request the DD214 in several ways, such as in person, online, or by a hardcopy written request. If you’re a veteran or active service member and want to apply for your DD214 via Veteran Affairs. All military service members are issued a report to separation following discharge.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

Fillable Form Dd214 Application For Copy Of Military

Who can get an DD214

You must be either the next-of-kin of the deceased or the military member to fill out the DD form 214.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

There is no such thing as a DD214. The DD214 is not issued for re-enlistments or promotions. A certificate could have been issued stating that you were dismissed from active service in anticipation of your reenlistment or promotion. But it is usually an officiality and procedure to be followed in the promotion or reenlistment process.

When do I get my DD214?

The DD214 is typically given at the last out-processing date prior to separation or retirement.

What happens if I lose my DD214?

If your DD214 is lost or damaged, you can request a replacement copy. The DD214 is the most crucial post-military document. It should be treated the same way as an official marriage certificate or divorce decree.

How to Get DD214 Application Form Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply