DD214 Form Air Force – The DD Form 214 document is issued by the Army Air Force Navy Navy Marines in the event of your discharge from or removed from military service. The DD214 is a proof that you are a military veteran or an ex-service member who has been discharged. It also outlines the nature of your service. This includes dates, awards,, and dates. The DD214 must be requested via Veteran Affairs as well as the Department of Defence if you are a service member on active duty or a veteran who is receiving benefits from the veteran. After discharge, all service members of all branches of the military receive a Report of Separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who is eligible to apply for a DD214
To fill out the DD Form 214, you must either be a service member or their next of next of kin.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. There is no. You might have received a certificate stating you have been released from active duty in anticipation of your re-enlistment or promotions, but this is usually an unimportant formality that is used as a protocol as part of the process of promotion or re-enlistment.
When can I get my DD214?
The DD214 is typically issued at the final out-processing appointment prior to separation or retirement.
What happens if I lose my DD214?
If your DD214 is lost or damaged, you can request a replacement copy. The DD214 is your most important post-military document. You should treat it as you would treat a marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers or other important records.
How to Get DD214 Form Air Force Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049