DD214 Form Army – The DD Form 214 document is issued by the Army Air Force Navy Navy Marines in the event of your discharge from or separated from your military service. The DD214 is a proof that you are an active military veteran or a separated service member. It also details the nature of your service. This includes dates, awards, decorations and dates. Your DD214 should be requested via Veteran Affairs and the Department of Defence in case you are a service member on active duty or a veteran who is receiving benefits from the veteran. Upon discharge, all service members in all branches of the military are issued a report of separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can obtain a DD214?
You must be the next-of-kin or the servicemember to fill out the DD form 214.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. The DD214 is not issued to promote or re-enlist. A certificate could have been issued stating that you were dismissed from active service in anticipation of your reenlistment or advancement. But, this is often an officiality and procedure to follow as part of the promotion/reenlistment process.
When do I get my DD214?
The DD214 is usually given at the last out-processing date prior to retirement or separation.
What if I lose my DD214?
If your DD214 is damaged or lost it is possible to request a replacement copy. The DD214 is your most significant postmilitary document is vital. Treat it the way you would treat a marriage certificate, divorce decree or adoption papers, as well as other important documents.
How to Get DD214 Form Army Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049