DD214 Form Fillable – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or retirement from service. The DD214 is a proof that you are an active military veteran or a an ex-service member who has been discharged. It also outlines the nature of your service. This includes dates, awards, decorations and dates. The DD214 must be obtained via Veteran Affairs as well as the Department of Defence in case are an active-duty service member or veteran receiving veteran benefits. All military service members are issued a report to separation after their discharge.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can obtain an DD214
The DD form 214 has to be completed by the soldier or his immediate family members.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
There is no such thing as a DD214. No. The DD214 is not valid to promote re-enlistment or promotions.
When can I get my DD214?
Typically typically, the DD214 is issued at the final out processing appointment before the separation or retirement.
What if my DD214 gets lost?
If your DD214 is damaged or lost, you can request a replacement copy. The DD214 is your most significant postmilitary document is vital. It is to be handled the same way as an official marriage certificate or divorce decree.
How to Get DD214 Form Fillable Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049