DD214 Form Marines

DD214 Form MarinesThe DD Form 214 document is issued by the Army Air Force Navy Navy Marines when you are discharged from or removed from your military service. The DD214 shows your status as a retired or retired military service member, as well as the type of service you have received with respect to dates, awards and other decorations as well as other vital details.You can apply for the DD214 in a number of ways, such as online, in-person, or by a hardcopy written request. You can request your DD214 from the Department of Defense and Veteran Affairs if you’re an active military member or veteran who is receiving benefits for veterans. All military service members receive a Report to Separation following discharge.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

Download DD214 Form Online

Who is eligible to apply for an DD214?

In order to use the DD form 214, you must be the person who is a next of kin of the service member.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

No. The DD214 cannot be used for promotions or re-enlistment. A certificate may have been issued stating that you were dismissed from active service in anticipation of your reenlistment or promotion. But it is usually a formality and protocol to follow in the promotion or reenlistment process.

When will I receive my DD214?

Usually typically, the DD214 can be given at the time of final out-processing prior to retirement or separation.

What will happen if my DD214 gets lost?

If your DD214 is damaged or lost it is possible to request an exchange copy. Your most important post-military document is the DD214. You should treat it as you would a marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers or other important records.

How to Get DD214 Form Marines Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply