DD214 Form Military – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or separation from military service. The DD214 identifies your status as an active or retired military service member and provides details about your military service as well as awards and other decorations. You can request the DD214 online in person, in person, or in hardcopy. It is possible to request a D214 through the Department of Defense and Veteran Affairs if you’re an active military or veteran who is receiving benefits for veterans. All members of all branches of the military have the right to receive a report on separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who is eligible to apply for a DD214
In order to make use of the DD form 214 you must be a service member or the next of kin of the service member.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
There is no such thing as a DD214. There is no. Even though you might receive a certificate informing you that your active duty had been terminated it is usually a protocol and a part of the process for promotion.
When will I receive my DD214
Typically the DD214 is issued at the last out-processing appointment before retirement or separation.
What happens if I lose my DD214?
You will have to ask for an original copy of your DD214 in case you have lost it. The most important document you can get from the post-military service is the DD214. Treat it the way you would treat a marriage certificate or divorce decree or adoption papers, as well as other important records.
How to Get DD214 Form Military Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049