DD214 Form Navy

DD214 Form NavyThe DD Form 214 document is issued by the Army Air Force Navy Navy Marines when you are discharged from or separated from military service. The DD214 defines the status of a former or separated military member. It also outlines the date and nature of your service. The DD214 must be obtained through Veteran Affairs and the Department of Defence in case you are an active-duty service member or a veteran who is receiving benefits from the veteran. All members of all branches of the military are entitled to a Report on separation.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

Download DD214 Form Online

Who can get a D214?

You must be the next-of-kin of the deceased or the military member to fill out the DD form 214.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

There is no such thing as a DD214. There is no. You may have received a certificate that states you’ve been discharged from active duty in anticipation of your re-enlistment or promotion however, this is typically a simple formality observed as a formality as part of the promotion or re-enlistment process.

When do I receive my DD214

Typically, the DD214 is usually issued at the last out-processing appointment before retirement or separation.

What happens if my DD214 is lost?

If your DD214 gets lost or damaged it is possible to request an exchange copy. The DD214 is your most important post-military document. The DD214 is the most important post-military document. It is treated like the marriage or divorce certificate.

How to Get DD214 Form Navy Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply