DD214 Form Online – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the moment of discharge or the retirement from military service. The DD214 indicates your status as a retired or retired military member and the nature of your service with respect to dates, awards and other decorations and other important details.You can apply for the DD214 in several ways, including in person, online, or by a hardcopy written request. If you are a veteran or active service member, you can request your DD214 through Veteran Affairs. Upon discharge, all service members in all branches of military service receive a Report of Separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can obtain a DD214
The DD form 214 must be completed by the service member or his immediate family members.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. There is no. A certificate could be issued that states you were dismissed from active service pending your reenlistment or advancement. However it is usually an officiality and procedure to follow as part of the promotion/reenlistment process.
When do I get my DD214?
Usually, the DD214 is issued at final out-processing appointments prior to retirement or separation.
What will happen if my DD214 gets lost?
If you have lost the DD form the 214, you’ll need to request a replacement copy to keep for your records. The DD214, your most important postmilitary document is vital. The DD214 is the most important post-military document. It is treated the same as a marriage or divorce certificate.
How to Get DD214 Form Online Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049