DD214 Form Printable – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or separation from service. The DD214 shows your status as a separated or retired military member and the nature of your service including dates, awards and decorations as well as other vital details.You can request the DD214 in a number of ways, including in person, online or via a written request. If you’re an active or veteran member and want to apply for your DD214 through Veteran Affairs. All military personnel in all branches receive an official report on separation after the discharge.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who is eligible to apply for an DD214?
The DD form 214 must be used by the service member or his next of kin.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
There is no such thing as a DD214. The DD214 is not valid to gain promotions or re-enlistment. A certificate could have been issued stating that you were dismissed from active service pending your reenlistment or promotion. But, this is often an officiality and procedure to follow in the promotion or reenlistment process.
When will I receive my DD214?
Usually typically, the DD214 can be issued at final out-processing appointments prior to separation or retirement.
What happens if my DD214 is lost?
If you want to replace your DD form 214 if it gets lost, you need to request a new copy. The DD214 is the most crucial post-military document. It should be treated as you would a marriage license, divorce decree or adoption papers.
How to Get DD214 Form Printable Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049