DD214 Form To Print – The DD Form 214 document is issued by the Army Air Force Navy Navy Marines in the event of your discharge from or separated from your military service. The DD214 identifies you as an active military veteran or a an ex-service member who has been discharged. It also details the nature of your service. This includes dates, awards, decorations and dates. If you’re an active member of the military or a veteran receiving veteran benefits, you should request your DD214 through the Veteran Affairs and Department of Defense. All military personnel from all branches are issued an official report on separation after discharge.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can obtain a D214?
You must be either the next-of-kin of the deceased or the military member to fill out the DD form 214.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
There is no such thing as a DD214. No. Although you may have received a certification informing you that your active duty has been terminated it is usually an official protocol and is a component of the process for promotion.
When do I get my DD214?
The DD214 is usually given at the last out-processing appointment prior to retirement or separation.
What happens if my DD214 is lost?
If your DD214 is lost or damaged, you can request an exchange copy. The DD214 is your most significant postmilitary document is essential. You should treat it as you would a marriage certificate or divorce decree or adoption papers, as well as other important records.
How to Get DD214 Form To Print Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049