DD214 Military Discharge Form

DD214 Military Discharge FormThe DD Form 214 document is issued by the Army Air Force Navy Navy Marines when you are discharged from or separated from military service. The DD214 identifies you as a military veteran or an ex-service member who has been discharged. It also outlines the type of service you have received. It also lists dates, awards, and dates. If you’re an active member of the military or a veteran receiving veteran benefits, you should apply for your DD214 via the Veteran Affairs and Department of Defense. All military service members receive a Report to Separation following discharge.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

Military Service Discharge Form Dd214 Universal Network

Who can get a DD214

You must be the next-of-kin or the servicemember to complete the DD form 214.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

No. There is no. A certificate could be issued that states you were discharged from active service in anticipation of your reenlistment or promotion. However, this is often an officiality and procedure to be followed as part of the promotion/reenlistment process.

What is the best time to get my DD214?

Usually typically, the DD214 is issued at final out-processing appointments prior to separation or retirement.

What happens if my DD214 is lost?

If your DD214 gets damaged or lost it is possible to request a replacement copy. The DD214, your most important postmilitary document is essential. It is to be handled the same way as a marriage certificate or divorce decree.

How to Get DD214 Military Discharge Form Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply