DD214 Release Form – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the moment of discharge or the retirement from military service. The DD214 shows the status of a retired or retired military service member, as well as the nature of your service including dates, awards and decorations as well as other vital details.You can apply for a DD214 in a number of ways, including in person, online or via a written request. If you are an active or veteran member, you can request your DD214 via Veteran Affairs. After discharge, all members in all branches of the military are issued a report of separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can obtain a D214?
You must be the next-of-kin or the servicemember to fill out the DD form 214.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. The DD214 cannot be used for promotions or the re-enlistment process. A certificate may be issued that states you were discharged from active service in anticipation of your reenlistment or promotion. But, this is often an officiality and procedure to follow as part of the promotion/reenlistment process.
When do I get my DD214?
Typically, typically, the DD214 will be given at the last out processing appointment before separation or retirement.
What happens if my DD214 is lost?
If your DD214 is damaged or lost it is possible to request an exchange copy. Your most important post-military document is the DD214. The DD214 is the most important post-military document. It is treated like a marriage or divorce certificate.
How to Get DD214 Release Form Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049