DD214 Sample Form Download – The DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or separation from military service. The DD214 is a proof that you are an active military veteran or a separated service member. It also details the nature of your service. It also lists dates, awards, and dates. If you’re an active member of the military or a veteran receiving veteran benefits, you should request your DD214 through the Veteran Affairs and Department of Defense. All members of all branches of military service are entitled to a Report on separation.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can apply for an DD214?
In order to use the DD form 214 you must be a person who is a next of kin of the service member.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. The DD214 is not issued to promote or re-enlist. The DD214 is not valid to promote re-enlistment or promotions.
When is the best moment to obtain my DD214?
Usually, the DD214 can be given at the time of final out-processing prior to separation or retirement.
What will happen if my DD214 gets lost?
You’ll have to ask for a duplicate of your DD214 if you have lost it. The most important document you can get from the post-military service is the DD214. You should treat it like a marriage license, divorce decree, or adoption papers.
How to Get DD214 Sample Form Download Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049