Getting A DD214 Form

Getting A DD214 FormThe DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or retirement from military service. The DD214 indicates your status as an active or retired military service member and provides details about your military service, including awards and decorations. You can request a DD214 on the internet, in person, or as a hardcopy. It is possible to request a D214 through the Department of Defense and Veteran Affairs if you’re an active military member or a veteran receiving veteran benefits. All service members from all branches of military service are entitled to a Report upon separation.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

Download DD214 Form Online

Who can obtain a D214?

The DD form 214 has to be used by the service member or his next of kin.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

There is no such thing as a DD214. The DD214 is not valid for promotions or re-enlistment. The DD214 is not issued for promotions or re-enlistments.

When do I get my DD214?

Usually typically, the DD214 can be issued at final out-processing appointments prior to retirement or separation.

What will happen if my DD214 gets lost?

You’ll need to request a duplicate of your DD214 in case you’ve lost it. Your most important post-military document is the DD214. You should treat it as you would a marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers or other important documents.

How to Get Getting A DD214 Form Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply