How To Get A Military DD214 Form

How To Get A Military DD214 FormThe DD Form 214 is an official document issued by the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines at the time of discharge or separation from service. The DD214 indicates the status of a separated or retired military service member, as well as the type of service you have received with respect to dates, awards and other decorations as well as other vital details.You can request a DD214 in a number of ways, including online, in-person, or by a hardcopy written request. If you are an active member of the military or a veteran who is receiving veteran benefits, you should apply for your DD214 via the Veteran Affairs Department and Department of Defense. Upon discharge, all members in all branches of the military receive a Report of Separation.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

How To Get A Military Dd214 Form Universal Network

Who is eligible to apply for an DD214?

You must be either the next-of-kin of the deceased or the military member to fill out the DD form 214.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

No. There is no. A certificate could be issued that states you were dismissed from active service in anticipation of your reenlistment or promotion. But, this is often an officiality and procedure to be followed as part of the promotion/reenlistment process.

What is the most appropriate time to get my DD214?

Typically, the DD214 is issued during the final out-processing date prior to the retirement date or separation.

What if I misplace my DD214?

If your DD214 is lost or damaged it is possible to request an exchange copy. The DD214 is your most valuable post-military document. You should treat it like a marriage license, divorce decree, or adoption documents.

How to Get How To Get A Military DD214 Form Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply