USMC DD-214 Form Pdf – The DD Form 214 (or DD Form 214) is an official document that the Army, Air Force and Navy issue to discharge or separate military service members. The DD214 outlines the status of a former or separated military service member. It also shows the nature and dates of your service. If you are an active member of the military or a veteran receiving veteran benefits, you should apply for your DD214 via the Veteran Affairs Department and Department of Defense. All military service members are issued a report to separation following their discharge.
Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.
Who can get a DD214?
To use the DD Form 214, you must either be a service member or their next of kin.
Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?
No. The DD214 is not valid to promote or re-enlist. You might receive a letter that states you’ve been released from active duty pending your re-enlistment or promotions, but this is usually an unimportant formality that is used as a formality in the promotion or re-enlistment process.
When do I get my DD214?
Usually, the DD214 can be issued at final out-processing appointments prior to separation or retirement.
What happens if I have to replace my DD214?
If your DD214 gets lost or damaged it is possible to request an exchange copy. The most important document you can get from the post-military service is the DD214. It should be treated the same way as an official divorce certificate or marriage certificate.
How to Get USMC DD-214 Form Pdf Form ?
- Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
- Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
- Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
- Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
- Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049