What Is A DD214 Form Military

What Is A DD214 Form MilitaryThe DD Form 214, issued by the Army Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Navy at the time you are discharged or separated from military service, is an official document. The DD214 outlines the status of a former or separated military member. It also outlines the nature and dates of your military service. If you’re an active member of the military or a veteran who is receiving benefits for veterans, you must apply for your DD214 via the Veteran Affairs Department and Department of Defense. All military service members receive a Report to Separation following their discharge.

Sample of DD214 Form, Please do not download this form as this only for sample, follow the instructions below on how to get DD214 form.

Download DD214 Form Online

Who can obtain a DD214

The DD form 214 has to be completed by the service member or his next of kin.

Do I get a DD214 when I am re-enlisted or promoted?

No. The DD214 cannot be used to gain promotions or re-enlistment. Although you may have received a certification informing you that your active duty has ended it is usually an official protocol and is a component of the promotion process.

When do I get my DD214?

Typically, the DD214 will be given at the last out processing appointment before the separation or retirement.

What happens if I have to replace my DD214?

If you lose your DD form 214, you will need to request a replacement copy for your records. The DD214 is the most crucial post-military document. It is to be handled the same way as a marriage certificate or divorce decree.

How to Get What Is A DD214 Form Military Form ?

  • Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website
  • Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
  • Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff
  • Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site
  • Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Leave a Reply